Paul Williamson was born in 1942 and had a career as an art teacher, adult education tutor and Art Examiner - parallel career as a ceramic artist, commissioned to design and produce a considerable range of ceramic sculptures and reliefs.
The majority being large scale installations. The last major project in 2005-2006 was the design and construction of Birmingham Peace Garden (inspired by Barcelona architect Gaudi)—the centre feature was repositioned within Aston Parish Church 2019.
Elected as Associate of the RBSA in1971 and Member in 1974, Paul has held a variety of positions within the RBSA Council, including Honorary Curator and Vice-President, when RBSA was within the impressive Gallery in New Street.
Following a very changed leadership, and relocation of the RBSA to the present gallery position in the Jewellery Quarter, his role in the Society has gradually been reduced.